Click on the Board Member link on the left for our list of dedicated Volunteers. Email your Age Group Coordinator for questions regarding Coaches or team Rosters
You are here
The purpose of the Western Howard County Soccer, Inc. Scholarship is to encourage and reward young students and assist their education in an academic field pursued in College (Junior, Community, 4-year) or Trade School.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a senior in high school and on track to graduate this Spring .
- Be or have been - a player in WHC Soccer
- Show serious effort toward good scholarship and evidence that he/she has achieved
- Complete the application and submit the application and any supplemental materials by April 17th.
Consideration Criteria and Award Use
- The WHCS Scholarship committee will make the selections based upon experiences with the applicant, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, and quality and impact of the written response.
- Scholarships may be used for attendance at a 4-year, 2-year college, or trade/ technical school. Winners will be announced on or before June 1st and scholarships will be presented at the Coaches Meeting in late July. Scholarship checks will be written to the student to be used for furthering the student’s education.
- Two (2) scholarships – in the amount of $1,000 each will be awarded.